SWEATING WITHOUT RESULTS ?
Common question I get asked frequently at lectures, from social media followers , general fitness clients , athletes & coaches is about social media fitness trends. This confusion is primarily due to the flood of information on different social media platforms with many exercise types ,trends etc. Lets say you are living chilled lifestyle and suddenly you try a training regime, plan, trend, you suddenly saw on Social media , engaging in this activity will make you see quick improvement from your starting point followed by drastic dip by getting injured, frustration, lacking motivation and losing at sports events then this cycle tend to repeat
There is a difference between following an exercise protocol for health ,general fitness & for sports performance. Antidote for deflecting social media and hype train is not rocket science use common sense, basic instructions and the medical advice as a rule of thumb be consistence with gradual progressions.
On the other side of the spectrum you have people who train for aesthetics & body building being their primary goal, this is tough lifestyle and a sport manageable with correct guidelines if you so wish to.
My area of expertise in Combat Sports, Tennis, Badminton & general population, the serious repercussion occurs when juniors and wannabe be pro- athletes or coaches & management who doesn’t have the necessary credentials & neither field experience of years nor a proven track record.
At what point does it become a health risk ?
Specially when social media experts going out of their scope of profession/practice by trying to mimic media clips, cut and -paste theories data from from web and expect world class results in the process you will be left with physiological & psychological scars that eventually need consultation of professional Physicians , coaches or trainers.
- Just doing an exercise : will only make you do that exercise well doesn’t mean its the best individual approach
- Technical or Exercises : if you do it without proper technique & understanding with bad form you will be better at being doing that particular motion bad or get injured
- Copying random exercises of other people, athletes or coaches (just wake up from the dream world into reality these will work for them & not for you).
How would a structured plan looks like :
- Peak sports performance / aesthetic or health & fitness is highly scientific, complicated and individualized in every component of exercise, technical , psychology, physiology, biomechanics, nutrition & recovery (you can’t learn that from internet & social media) if that was easy you would see many world class athletes, there is reason why this is reserved for few. Same goes for men & woman who have amazing aesthetics. If you are in to general health & fitness make it smart & efficient to reach your goal with your trainer & medical doctor.
- As athletes you will know your mind and body better than anyone else (intrinsically) when you feel your performance is low, losing matches on more than 80% of the time , getting injured, de-motivated this is a red light that you are using wrong training methods in Technical &/or in exercises, for general fitness you will feel tired
- Winning 8 + times out of 10 in tournaments & peak performance happened when you find the right coaches who can individualize Technical & Performance training on daily basis to fit your athlete and who can design and implement programming well with ounce of luck wining becomes a reality. This is reserved to limited amount of coaches who can do the right mix ( if winning World & Asian titles are easy as social media, everyone would be champions)
- Just investing in equipment or latest trends will not give you results its about fine tuning the programming invest in the right professional whichever part of the world you live
Over my careers I have worked with many amazing Technical coaches, S&C ,Physical Therapist , Doctors etc. with much respect especially in world full of marketing hype with many ” WHO TALK THE TALK, CAN’T WALK THE WALK ” with false promises .
As athletes make a note due to heavy competition globally you don’t get many chances to make it to the top, your health, performance, financials and longevity in career matters the most. Few tips to watch out and get your career in the right path and for general fitness &health remember your life is not fitness its a tool for your career, life, family.
Tips for athletes & general fitness seekers :
- Whatever the countries you live, find the right Technical coaches & Performance coaches if you are focusing on a sports or find the proper fitness instructor/trainer and medical doctor who has the education, experience & proven results with multiple athletes over the years.
- If you are unable to find in the above caliber coaches in your respective country find sponsors who can hire few international coaches to get the job done if you are sports specific ( this is only relevant if your goal is international tournaments) as top caliber coaches will come with high fee structure . If you are general fitness seeker at this present day there are many qualified , experienced trainers and medical doctors in each and every country do your due diligence
- Invest time, money, energy, dedication, integrity & loyalty with the right type of people as the saying goes “VIBE IS YOUR TRIBE”
- If you are getting injured, not getting results “W”s on regular basis change the environment and coaches/trainers / support groups
Hope this articles helps all ,this was not intend to judge anyone at the end of the you are responsible for your personal choices , so make it count.
LINKS : HOME BLOOD TESTING